At ACA, We utilize several different curriculums. Answers in Genesis serves as a foundational support for our Science and History classes. Our History classes begin with God’s Word as the History book of the world, and we use scripture in every class to show how God made the world and everything in it. Our History and Science textbooks from Answers in Genesis reaffirm the validity of God’s Word, and they bring to life the scriptures beginning from Genesis. There are tons of resources available through the Answers in Genesis website that enhance our classes as we learn more about God’s Word and His Creation.
We also use Purposeful Design Math textbooks and the A.C.E. curriculum, which functions in every subject area as our individualized base, or our “textbooks.” The curriculum covers every academic area and places students based on their ability. Instruction is self paced and progresses with each child based on the mastery of skills.
Read below to learn more about A.C.E.
- Challenging and highly effective, the A.C.E. program is an extraordinary educational approach, Biblical in its core, that prepares students for tomorrow’s world while giving them traditional moral values that will last a lifetime.
- The curriculum conveys Biblical values and concepts considered foundational to meaningful interpersonal relationships and productive learning in such a way as to become life-shaping influences.
- Accelerated Christian Education is building Godly citizens and Christian leaders of tomorrow. A.C.E. meets the educational needs of today, with the traditional values of yesterday, and the technology of tomorrow.
- With A.C.E.’s concept of individualized learning, students don’t just get by—they get ahead.
- Each student entering the A.C.E. program is given diagnostic tests to determine skill and concept mastery. The diagnostic tests assist the evaluator in determining the student’s academic needs in each subject. After the student completes the diagnostic testing, he is given curriculum that meets and challenges him at his performance level.
- Diagnostic placement testing ensures that students begin at the exact point of their academic needs. Additionally, diagnostic testing determines if there are any “learning gaps.”
- Academic subjects include Math, English, Spelling, Reading, Bible, Literature and Creative Writing, Science, and Social Studies.